SPECIAL NEEDS & EDUCATION
OptiBeam is successfully used in: Special schools, Day centres, Health care trusts, Elderly care homes, Rehabilitation units and Therapeutic organisations.
Proving most beneficial when used with:
- Learning Disabilities (including Severe)
- Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD)
- Sensory Impairment
- Dementia and Elderly Care
- Communication and Speech Therapy
- Physical Disabilities and Rehabilitation
- Mental Health Problems Emotional and Behavioral Difficulties
This multi-sensory system, revolutionising the way people with special needs of every age and ability communicate, learn and make choices. It’s versatility enables it to be used as a musical instrument, an interactive story telling device, a virtual switch and an effective communication aid giving it multiple applications in the care, education and health sectors. Users are empowered to influence their own environment. It can be calming and stimulating, fun and educational, challenging and creative.
Proven to be an important tool for challenging and encouraging participation, key benefits include:
- Improves understanding of cause and effect
- Stimulates motor skill development, particularly hand-eye coordination
- Encourages users to listen and respond
- Helps users build a more positive self-image and self esteem
- Encourages interaction – with the beams and others
- Aids the ability to make choices and demonstrate preferences
- Encourages users to move/use physical energy
- Heightens sensory awareness and increases concentration span
- Aids visual memory
- Improves musical skills Promotes healthy fun and enjoyment
OptiBeam comes in the following versions:
OptiBeam system for fixed installations in sizes: 4 beams, 6 beams, 8 beams, 12 beams, 16 beams, 24 beams.
OptiBeam Mobile system: This provides a unique and versatile facility. Just “plug and play” and when finished unplug and wheel to another location. This state of the art product comes fully configured and ready to use with either two or four beam versions
OptiBeam Waterproof: This product range of OptiBeam can be utilized successfully in swimming pools and in some outdoor locations. These environments create calming ambiances, stimulate movement and generally enhance relaxation benefits.
All OptiBeam systems are supplied with:
OptiBeams – OB5 LED Interactive light units with all accessories ♦ Laptop – Windows 10, i3, 4G ♦ OptiMusic software -fully programmable ♦ USB Control Box ♦ User Button Box ♦ Reflective Items (pads, bats) ♦ Manuals ♦ Ready Made Content with over 80 Interactive settings and games ♦ Training on site or remotely (eTraining) ♦ Technical support.